Monday, April 16, 2012

Easy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


I was working on a care package for one of my friends serving in Afghanistan, so I asked him what type of cookies he would like me to make and send him. Usually when I ask my friends this question I get a generic answer like, “something with chocolate.” Aaron, however, gave me a very specific answer; he wanted white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. His decisiveness is one of the traits that I really love about him. I was even more excited about the prospect of making white chocolate macadamia nut cookies because I have never made them before.

I decided to browse some of my favorite baking bogs to see if they had an amazing recipe for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. Sure enough Brown Eyed Baker had a recipe for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies which is no surprise since she has many excellent cookie recipes. I did not modify the ingredients of this recipe much. However, I took the lazy way out made these like dump cookies where you dump all the ingredients (except of the white chocolate ships and macadamia nuts) in a bowl and mix. I did not even pull out my hand mixer to make these cookies. I just used a spatula and a little elbow grease which is my preferred method to mix the cookies. Luckily, this recipe is very forgiving and took well to my lazy method to making cookies. I also did not press down my cookies on the cookies sheet because I prefer my cookies a little fatter and chewier.

The white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are chewy with an intense sweet vanilla flavor and a nice salty nutty taste that balances itself out perfectly. This recipe is now one of my favorite cookies recipes. These white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are better than any that I have ever tasted before. I usually avoid these cookies at bakeries and sandwich shops because to me they always taste pretty bland and stale, but these cookies were amazing. These cookies were anything but bland.

Ingredients (makes about 3 dozen 1” cookies) slightly modified from Brown Eyed Baker

  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ½ stp kosher salt
  • ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • ½ cup granulate white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 ½ cups chopped macadamia nuts, roasted and salted
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips
Directions

1.       Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2.       Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3.       Mix all the ingredients together except for the nuts and white chocolate chips in a large bowl with a spatula until well combined.
4.       Add the nuts and white chocolate chips to the cookie dough. Mix well. This will take some elbow grease to get an even distribution of nuts and chips throughout the cookie dough.
5.       Scoop 1” balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. I use a cookie scoop.
6.       Bakes 12-15 minutes or until the edges look golden brown.
7.       Store cooled cookies in an air tight container.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this recipe and will post it on my site to share with more people. I baked for 10 minutes for softer cookies and used fresh Hawaii macadamia nuts from www.maunakeagold.com. They were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mac Man, I am glad that you enjoyed the cookies. Fresh macadamia nuts sound wonderful! I will have to check out that web site. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails